Local Events and Activities at the Homestead
This page, Local Events and Activities, is to keep you up to date, in addition to the McNaught News blog page.
To enjoy a variety of images depicting both our restoration projects and fundraisers please visit our
Euphemia McNaught Homestead Festival
Sunday, July 23rd, 2017 at the McNaught Homestead.
1:00pm - 5:00pm: McNaught Artisan Festival and Tea
At the Studio an exhibit of work depicting the Homestead and McNaught Lake.
- Local artisans Demonstrating their craft
- Nature drawing and crafts for children
- Horse drawn wagon rides
- McNaught fish pond for children
- Face painting for children
- Henna tattoos for children
- Hiking trails
- Live music
- Nature walks
2:00pm - 4:00pm: I.O.D.E. Strawberry Tea
Join us for a cup of tea, strawberries, cake and ice cream
Events for 2017
- McNaught Homestead Open House And Arts Festival and I.O.D.E. Tea Sunday July 23rd, from 1 to 5 pm.
- Ghost Walk. Friday and Saturday October 27 & 28th from 6:30 - 9:30 pm at the McNaught Homestead. For information in the fall or to offer help to prepare the event, contact Erin 780-354-8836.
- Artist Programs and Workshops. Beginning in June there will be a weekly workshop "Let's Go Sketching" led by Marjorie Henn. This will introduce people to outdoor drawing basics. It will run for the month of June with a drop-in fee for each week.
Other topics we hope to sponsor are: Photography, Painting in Acrylics and Watercolours, Printmaking, Pottery, Birding & Nature Appreciation, Felting and Introduction to Weaving. If you or someone you know is interested in any of these please phone Marjorie Henn, 780-228-3741 or Lori Dalgleish 780-897-2746
Homestead Art Programs
Planning for the Art Programs at the homestead is underway. We are planning to have weekend workshops starting in June on a variety of topics and will be taking registration for these by May.
Beginning in June will be one called "Lets' go sketching" led by Marjorie Henn, this will introduce people to some outdoor drawing basics on site. This will run for the month of June with a "drop in " fee for each week.
Other topics we hope to sponsor are: Photography, Painting in Acrylics, Watercolor Painting, Printmaking , Pottery , Birding & Nature appreciation, Felting, Pottery, Introduction to weaving. If you or someone you know are interested in any of these please phone Marjorie Henn, 780-228- 3741 or Lori Dalgleish 780-897-2746.
Return from Local Events and Activities to McNaught Homestead Heritage home page.